Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Sharon Pelletier of Dystel & Goderich) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Sharon: Sharon Pelletier is joining DGLM after working for Europa Editions, Vantage Press, and Barnes & Noble. She graduated with English and History majors from Hillsdale College in Michigan in 2006, and moved to New York in 2009 to work with books in the city of skyscrapers and brunch. Born in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan, she now lives in Astoria.
She is seeking: Sharon is interested in witty literary fiction and smart commercial fiction featuring female characters who are strong but not necessarily quirky. She is also interested in compelling narrative nonfiction that tells a little-known story.
How to contact: Query spelletier [at] dystel.com. Enclose a query and brief synopsis of the work (with word count if possible), and a sample chapter. Paste all materials (no attachments), and only query one agency at thsi agency. "Be patient with us. Remember, we get a great many queries every day and we do read them all. This takes time. We will respond to most query letters within a six to eight week period. If you don’t hear from us within that time frame, chances are we did not receive yours. Feel free to resend it."
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- New Agent Seeks Clients! Reps literary, commercial, YA, MG, PB & More.
- How do you make money writing articles for magazines?
- Romance vs. Women's Fiction -- the Differences Explained.
- Should you mention self-published books when writing a query?
- Meet new agent Peter Knapp, who seeks clients.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.