Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Nikki Terpilowski of Holloway Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Nikki: Nikki has degrees in English and International Relations and is a member of Romance Writers of America and International Thriller Writers. Some of her favorite writers include: Barbara Erskine, Diana Gabaldon, Cherry Adair, Karen Marie Moning, Steve Berry, Brad Thor, Daniel Silva, Vince Flynn, Tom Clancy, Isabel Allende, Jewell Parker Rhodes and Tananarive Due. Readers can follow her at @HollowayLit and @AWomanReading, and read her blog at AWomanReading.wordpress.com. See the agency website here.
She is seeking: Nikki is open to submissions and is selectively reviewing queries for cozy mysteries with culinary, historical or book/publishing industry themes written in the vein of Jaclyn Brady, Laura Childs, Julie Hyzy and Lucy Arlington; women’s fiction with strong magical realism similar to Meena van Praag’s The Dress Shop of Dreams, Sarah Addison Allen’s Garden Spells, Season of the Dragonflies by Sarah Creech and Mary Robinette Kowal’s Glamourist Series.
She would love to find a wine-themed mystery series similar to Nadia Gordon’s Sunny McCoskey series or Ellen Crosby’s Wine County Mysteries that combine culinary themes with lots of great Southern history.
Nikki is also interested in seeing contemporary romance set in the southern US or any wine county or featuring a culinary theme, dark, edgy historical romance, gritty military romance or romantic suspense with sexy Alpha heroes and lots of technical detail.
She is also interested in acquiring historical fiction written in the vein of Alice Hoffman, Lalita Tademy and Isabel Allende.
How to contact: Send your query and the first fifteen pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of your email to submissions [at] hollowayliteraryagency.com. In the subject header write: Nikki/Title/Genre. You can expect a response in 4 to 6 weeks. If Nikki is interested, she’ll respond with a request for more material. If she’s not interested in your query but thinks it will be a good fit for others at the agency, she’ll share your submission. Due to the number of emails we receive, Nikki will only respond if she’s interested.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Read a query that worked: travel memoir "Hidden Cities."
- Meet a New Literary Agent Who is Seeking Clients NOW.
- 7 Writing Routines That Work.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- The Elements of a Successful Book Trailer.
- Agent Emma Patterson puts out call for queries.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.