Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Nicole Robson at The Fischer-Harbage Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Nicole: She joined the Fischer-Harbage Agency in 2008 as an assistant and has been promoted twice. Originally from England, Nicole lived in India, China and Thailand before settling in Manhattan.
She is seeking: compelling fiction and nonfiction, specifically books with an international focus. In nonfiction, she loves narrative nonfiction and history.
How to contact: E-query: submissions(at)fischerharbage(dot)com. (Editor's note: Three writers have now told me that this submissions email that I took from the website doesn't seem to work. If I find out more, I will let you know.) Paste your query and the first chapter of your book in the body of the e-mail. No attachments.
Recent sales: Among others, Shortcut Man and The Case of Pussy Grace, by p.g. sturges (Scribner); and She's Got Game: The Woman's Guide to Loving Sports (or Just How to Fake It!), by Melissa Malamut (St. Martins).
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 4 Agent Pet Peeves.
- How Do We Know When It's Time to Quit Writing?
- Book Marketing For 21st Century Authors.
- NEW Agent Seeking Clients: Carlie Webber of the Jane Rotrosen Agency.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Learn How to Find a Literary Agent.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.