I don't often report on events like this, but this one is so
benefit- and content-driven for writers that every kind of romance novelist could learn something valuable or boost their career because of it.
Harlequin is hosting a 5-day online event next week (November 1-5) with more than 50 professional editors and authors called So You Think You Can Write?
Here's just a brief list of benefits and opportunities:
- Live chats and webinars with Harlequin editors
- Community discussions with USA Today bestselling authors
- Daily challenges to test writing skills
- A special inbox for writers to submit their manuscripts directly to Harlequin editors
Each weekday offers new, educational opportunities from 9 to 5, on topics such as:
- Succeeding as a Romance Writer
- First Chapters
- What Editors Look For
- Paranormal Plots
- The End of Predictability in Romance Writing
If you're interested in writing and publishing romance, this is a must-see and must-participate event.
Go check out the site. (Small version of event calendar below to get you interested.)