June 14, 2013 is coming up fast -- and that date marks the official deadline to enter WD's 82nd Annual Writing Competition. Your motivation to enter is simple: The grand-prize winner not only gets a nice $3,000 first prize, they also get a trip to New York City to meet with agents and editors. It's a dream opportunity and an amazing contest with a long and storied past. There are plenty of prizes for other winners, too. But June 14 approaches quickly. Learn more about the categories and prizes below -- then enter!
THE CONTEST CATEGORIES
Enter your work into one or more of these categories:
- Inspirational Writing (Spiritual/Religious)
- Memoirs/Personal Essay
- Magazine Feature Article
- Genre Short Story (Mystery, Romance, etc.)
- Mainstream/Literary Short Story
- Rhyming Poetry
- Non-rhyming Poetry
- Stage Play
- Television/Movie Script
- Children’s/Young Adult Fiction
WHAT YOU WIN
- An announcement of the winner on the cover of Writer’s Digest
- A 30-minute Platform Strategy Consultation with Chuck Sambuchino
- A one year subscription to Writer’s Digest eBooks
- A chance to win $3,000 in cash (grand prize) or $1,000/$500/$250 (each category winner, runner up, and third place, respectively). Some other placings also have small financial prizes.
- Get national exposure for your work
- One on one attention with four editors or agents
- A paid trip to the ever-popular Writer’s Digest Conference in New York City!
All winners will also receive: A one-year Writer’s Digest VIP membership, which includes a one-year subscription (new or renewal) to Writer’s Digest magazine; access to WritersMarket.com for one year; discounts on Writer’s Digest University workshops; discounts off of purchases made at WritersDigestShop.com.
HOW TO ENTER
How to enter: register and pay online or download a printable entry form. Entry prices vary from category to category.