Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Shaun Dolan of Union Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Shaun: Shaun Dolan previously worked with award winning authors – including National Book Award and Pulitzer Prize winners and finalists, Story Prize Winners, and B&N Discover Award Winners – as an assistant at WME. Shaun is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
He is seeking: As an agent at Union Literary, he’s interested in both muscular and lyrical literary fiction, narrative nonfiction, memoir, pop culture, and sports narratives. He’s willing and able to dive into the trenches editorially and looks to foster new, exciting voices. (The agency does not represent romance or science fiction.)
How to Submit: sd [at] unionliterary.com. "Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we will only be in contact regarding projects that feel like a match for the respective agent. Rest assured, every incoming query is being read and evaluated. We prefer to receive submissions by email with sample pages attached in .doc or .docx format. Please do not send .pdf files. Nonfiction submissions should include a query letter, a proposal, and a sample chapter. Fiction submissions should include a query letter, a synopsis, and either sample pages or a full manuscript."
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Spotlight: Carrie Hanjian (Waxman Leavell Literary Agency) seeks New Adult, Fiction, Suspense and Contemporary Romance.
- To Text Or Not To Text: How Much Should Technology Show Up In Fiction?
- 3 Tips For A Better First Revision.
- Agent Spotlight: Patricia Nelson (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency) seeks YA and Adult Fiction.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and writing a query letter.