Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Sarah Bush of Trident Media) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Sarah: Sarah’s love of books was the driving force that brought her to New York City to pursue an M.A. in Literature. After that, she decided that the best way to build a career in books was as a literary agent. However, Sarah realized that she had to learn her craft and get broad-based experience if she was going to be in a position to excel. She sought out Trident, because she believed that it was the preeminent literary agency. Sarah began her career as an assistant, managing the business of two agents at Trident. She was then promoted to the position of Audio Agent. In that position, Sarah negotiated deals with audio publishers for Trident authors. Her next promotion was as a sales agent in Trident’s unique Foreign Rights Department. In this position, Sarah contacted editors at publishers around the globe to offer the works of Trident authors and negotiate deals on their behalf. With this diverse experience, Sarah is ready to become a leading literary agent at Trident. “I now have the background, coupled with my energy and passion for great stories, to offer clients both skills focused on negotiating deals and career management.”
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: She is solely looking for women's fiction -- both commercial and upmarket. She seeks stories that are character driven, that make you think and feel. Sarah wants to take her experience and drive and match that with “stories that use a fresh voice to explore different aspects of the female experience: emotionally complex, with insights, laughter, and sometimes tears.
How to submit: Use Trident's online submission form and follow the instructions.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.