Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Rob Kirkpatrick of The Stuart Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Rob: Rob Kirkpatrick joins The Stuart Agency after working as a senior editor at multiple publishing houses for more than a dozen years. Titles he has helped publish include The Wrecking Crew: The Inside Story of Rock and Roll’s Best-Kept Secret; Shrinkage: Manhood, Marriage, and the Tumor that Tried to Kill Me; Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys. (Viv Albertine); Vagos, Mongols, and Outlaws (basis for the miniseries Gangland Undercover); The Peasant Prince: Thaddeus Kosciuszko and the Age of Revolution; The Agent: My 40-Year Career Making Deals and Changing the Game (Leigh Steinberg); Big Hair and Plastic Grass: A Funky Ride Through Baseball and America in the Swinging ‘70s; Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs! My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group; The Kennedy Chronicles: The Golden Age of MTV Through Rose-Colored Glasses; Black Noon: The Year They Stopped The Indy 500; Cohn-Head: A No-Holds Barred Account of Breaking Into the Boys Club (by ESPN’s Linda Cohn); and Jerry Rice’s latest book, 50 Years, 50 Moments. Rob completed a PhD in English and also is the author of several books himself.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
He is seeking: His specialties include memoir, biography, sports, music, pop culture, current events, and history. Please note that as of February 2016, he is no longer accepting fiction submissions of any kind.
How to contact: Submissions should be sent directly to: rob [at] stuartagency.com. For nonfiction, please send query letter outlining your credentials along with proposal.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.