Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Berta Treitl of Grosvenor Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Berta: Berta Treitl is an attorney and literary agent. Before joining the Grosvenor Literary Agency, Berta worked at a respected New York agency and in private legal practice. She is a member of the New York Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts.
She is seeking: "Berta is selectively building her nonfiction list in these areas: science and technology; current events, law and politics, biography, business and marketing; and art, design, cooking, health, and lifestyle.
"In fiction, she’s interested in historical and high-quality mysteries. Berta focuses on projects that present a counter-intuitive or fresh viewpoint and that feature unusual communities, travel and foreign locales, and female main characters."
How to submit: Query berta [at] grosvenorlit.com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- NEW Literary Agent Seeks Clients: Marisa Cleveland of The Seymour Agency.
- Why You Shouldn't Imitate Others' Writing Styles (Except to Cut Adverbs!)
- Author Lisa Tenzin-Dolma Explains How She Got Her Pet/Dog Book Published.
- Novelist Jamie Mason Asks "Is Your Book Your Baby?" Her Answer: NO.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Writing a Query Letter? Check out "10 Query Letter Questions Answered."
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.