As of fall 2012, it appears Stephanie has left Weed Literary
and is no longer agenting. Do not query her.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Stephanie Sun of Weed Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Stephanie: Stephanie Sun of Weed Literary is a graduate of Boston College, and she joined the agency in 2009 after working at Bedford/St. Martin's, Tor/Forge, and Trident Media Group.
She is seeking: Her interests are diverse and she enjoys reading commercial fiction (middle grade, young adult, debut, and upmarket fiction), commercial nonfiction (narrative nonfiction and memoir) and books dealing with sports or pop culture (blog, food, and music). "Weed Literary does not handle the following: Picture books, mysteries, thrillers, romance, military."
How to contact: "We prefer queries to be e-mailed to stephanie (at) weedliterary.com. Please keep letters to one page and do not send attachments unless they are requested. If you prefer snail mail, please send, along with an SASE for our reply, to: Weed Literary, LLC, 27 West 20th Street, New York, NY 10011."
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Jody Klein of Brandt & Hochman Seeks Clients NOW.
- Why Accepting Edits to Your Work is NOT Selling Out.
- Writer Dennis Mahoney Explains How He Signed With Agent Jim Rutman of SLL.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.