As of 2013, Stephanie is no longer agenting.
Do not query her.
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Stephanie DeVita of Dystel & Goderich) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Stephanie: Stephanie first joined Dystel & Goderich as an intern during her third year at New York University, and she continued interning with DGLM through her senior year. Upon graduating from NYU with a degree in English and American Literature, she was given the opportunity to join the team full-time and begin building her career in publishing.
She is seeking: She is interested in all subjects, including memoir, young adult, romance, and practical and narrative nonfiction.
How to submit: [Stephanie is no longer agenting.]
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- 2 New Literary Agents Seeking Clients.
- How to Avoid Writer's Block.
- Kids Book Writer Martha Brockenbrough: "How I Got My Agent."
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Eventually, You Must Let Your Manuscript Go (Noelle Sterne guest column).
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.