Editor's Note: As of Fall 2011, Colleen Lindsay is no
longer agenting. Do not query her. -------------------
Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Colleen Lindsay at FinePrint Literary Management) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
Got a tip this morning that FinePrint Literary had taken on a new agent: Colleen Lindsay. Prior to becoming an agent, Ms. Lindsay was the director of publicity for Del Rey Books. Also, she was a reviewer for the San Francisco Chronicle.
Fiction areas of interest: Science fiction and fantasy of all kinds, horror, paranormal romance, YA fiction and fantasy, pop culture, graphic novels and LGBT fiction and nonfiction. She also seeks thrillers, literary and commercial fiction.
Nonfiction areas of interest: humor or narrative nonfiction, as well.
Does not want to receive: No category romance, poetry, short story collections, children's picture books, westerns, spirituality, Christian fiction or non-fiction, self-help, Westerns, politics, history or biography.
How to contact: E-queries preferred. Because her submission instructions are so detailed, you should review them personally here on her blog.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How can we find more time to write? 6 tips for moms (& busy people).
- Looking for an agent? Author Jolina Petersheim explains finding hers.
- Agent Roz Foster seeks clients now.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- 7 Ways a Writing Career is Like a Theme Park.
- Writing sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, romance or YA? Query this agent!
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.