In the next From Our Readers column, we want you to show us your workspace! Writers who share pics of their workspace could end up in the March issue of Writer's Digest magazine.
For years, I've meant to share pics of my workspace, but sometimes it takes a blog post to make me actually accomplish my goal. And so it is today that I share a pic of my workspace!
It's nothing overly exciting—just a couple drop leaf tables from IKEA set at the right height for me to use it as a standing desk with a stool that I can use to sit when I wish. Pens, pencils, markers, and highlighters; notebooks, Post-It notes, and index cards; pics of family; racing medals and speaking lanyards; pop culture junk; and so much more (for instance, all the books that aren't pictured here).
It's nothing overly exciting—except it's where much of the magic happens for me when it comes to my writing and publishing hopes and dreams. So it's important to me.
And the reason I'm sharing all of this about my workspace is because that's what we're interested in for this month's From Our Readers column.
For the next issue, we're asking our readers to share their workspace with us!
It's the place where much of the work of writing gets done, and every writer has a different set up that works for them. In fact, many writers have more than one workspace.
So take a picture or three of your workspace and share them with us via email for a chance to be featured in the March 2020 issue of Writer's Digest.
Here are the guidelines:
- Share your workspace with us by sending an email with an image or three of your workspace. (Don't be afraid to share "action" shots of you in the process of writing as well.)
- Feel encouraged to share some thoughts on your workspace as well, including why you have it set up the way you do.
- Email pics and thoughts to us at email@example.com with the subject line: "WD Workspace Pics." (Subject line very important for sorting purposes.)
- Remember to include your name as you would like it to appear in print.
- Deadline for entries is December 31, 2019.
- Only entries that follow these guidelines will be considered for publication in our March issue, though feel free to share your pics on social media with the following hashtags: #WDReaders #ShareYourWorkspace.