Okay, so it's not a competition for the winner of the 2015 October Platform Challenge. It's a completely random drawing, but I've got to call the person something, right?
So winner it is.
2015 October Platform Challenge Winner
The winner for the 2015 October Platform Challenge is DMGbyrnes! At least, that's the username on the Writer's Digest site.
I will contact DMG separately, but this writer wins:
- 2016 Writer’s Market Deluxe Edition. Yes, the brand new edition of Writer’s Market Deluxe Edition, which includes an exclusive webinar and activation code for a one-year subscription to WritersMarket.com.
- The Productive Writer: Tips & Tools to Help You Write More, Stress Less & Create Success, by Sage Cohen. This book is filled with tips, instruction, and charts to help writers find more success with their writing.
- Writer for Hire: 101 Secrets to Freelance Success, by Kelly James-Enger. Written by an expert freelance writer, this book is packed with concrete advice and proven strategies for finding and maintaining freelance writing success.
- 102 Ways to Earn Money Writing 1,500 Words or Less, by I.J. Schecter. This book helps show why writing more does not necessarily mean earn more. In fact, some of the shortest copy you write can bring the biggest pay days. And...
- A personalized evaluation and critique of his/her platform-building efforts from me. At least two hours, though it may be more.
It's a super cool prize, but I hope everyone got something out of this challenge, whether it's gaining a new insight, making a new connection, or just getting motivated to do things that had been on your "to-do" list already. I know I had fun.
Develop a Platform and Promotion Plan for Success!
Don’t wait around for this challenge to get started in building a top notch platform and promotion plan. Take advantage of the heavily discounted The Comprehensive Author Platform & Promotion kit today.
This power-packed platform and promotion kit includes three paperback books, three webinars, three tutorials, and more. So buy it today and be that much more ahead of the curve when October rolls around.
A Few Final Things...
I just wanted to share a couple ways I know folks are staying connected online post-challenge, in case you weren't aware.
- First, there's a "Platform Challenged" Facebook group. It's a closed group for people who participated in the challenge that is run by people who participated in the challenge. Click here to check it out and join.
- Second, folks are still using the #platchal hashtag on Twitter. So if you're on Twitter and want to keep in touch with fellow participants, that's a good way to connect on that platform.
Finally, Majida Rashid (an October participant) interviewed me for her blog. She asked questions about my writing and career. Click here to read.
Robert Lee Brewer is Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community. He edits the Writer’s Market and Poet’s Market books and writes a poetry column for Writer’s Digest magazine. He’s also the author of the poetry collection, Solving the World’s Problems (Press 53).
Follow him on Twitter @robertleebrewer.
Check out these other There Are No Rules posts: