Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Rachael Dillon Fried of Greenburger Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Rachael: After a stint with International Creative Management’s [now ICM Partners] live appearances division in Los Angeles, associate agent Rachael Dillon Fried embraced her love of books and relocated to New York City to pursue a career in literary representation. She landed at Sanford Greenburger, where she assisted agent Heide Lange before becoming an associate agent. Rachael is a Rhode Island native and graduate of Brown University. She lives in Manhattan with her husband, a television writer. Find Rachael on Twitter.
She is seeking: With enthusiasm, Rachael is growing her client list with both fiction and nonfiction authors, with a keen interest in unique literary voices, women’s fiction, narrative nonfiction, memoir, and comedy. She hopes to build long-term relationships with clients who are passionate about developing their craft and career.
How to contact: rfried [at] sjga.com. Send a query letter.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Your Book's First Lines Are So Important. Nail Them!
- NEW Agent Seeking Fiction Writers: Margaret Bail of Andrea Hurst Literary.
- The Importance of Being (Slightly) Arrogant -- It Makes You a Better Writer.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Interview With Bruce Cameron, Creator of 8 SIMPLE RULES...
- Why You Should Only Query 6-8 Agents at a Time.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.