Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Lindsay Mealing of Emerald City Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list. [UPDATED FEBRUARY 2017]
About Lindsay: Lindsay has been writing stories since she could first hold a pencil. It wasn’t until she sat down to edit a manuscript for the first time she realized her true love was not on the writing side of the publishing industry, but the business side. She began interning for Mandy at Emerald City Literary Agency in early 2015 and quickly realized agenting was what she wanted to do forever more. Lindsay is a self-proclaimed nerd, loving everything science fiction and fantasy – from epic tomes to gaming. She fell head over heels with the SFF genre when she read Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey (she even has Phedre’s marque tattooed on her back). Find her on Twitter: @lindsaymealing.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: Science fiction, fantasy, young adult, upmarket and commercial fiction, psychological thrillers, women's fiction, and select romance.
How to submit: [UPDATED] Please follow Lindsay's instructions for queries on her agent page at: emeraldcityliterary.com/lindsaymealing.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- May 21, 2017: Get Published in San Diego (San Diego, CA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- July 8, 2017: Cleveland Writing Workshop (Cleveland, OH)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.