Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Verna Dreisbach at Dreisbach Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
Verna comes to the agency from a career in writing. She is currently accepting submissions in the following genres:
Fiction: Commercial and literary fiction, mystery, suspense, thriller, commercial women’s fiction, young adult, Native American Indian. Do not send sci-fi or horror. Verna’s 13 years of law enforcement experience as a former police officer gives her a genuine interest and expertise in the genres of mystery, true crime, and suspense. Her other interests include horses, having ridden since she was a young girl. Her newest endeavor has taken her into the realm of natural horsemanship training.
Adult nonfiction: Travel writing, self-help, parenting, business, pets, health, true crime, and any fresh, compelling idea that is matched with a strong platform.
In her words: "I work directly with packaging authors and ideas for such series books as The Idiot’s Guides and The Everything Guides, and believe in helping authors break into the world of writing through these types of guide books. If you have an idea for a guide book, are an expert in a field that you believe should have a one, or would like to be a writer for one of these projects in conjunction with an expert, please send me your resume."
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Writing romance or women's? Agent Sarah Younger wants your query!
- The awesome story of how writer Taylor Reid met her agent, Carly Watters.
- How to Deal With Writing Rejections.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Writing fantasy, sci-fi, historical fic, women's, YA or MG? Query this agent!
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.