Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Taylor Martindale of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Taylor: She is a proud graduate of The College of William and Mary and holds a BA in English, with a minor in Hispanic Studies. She was the copy chief of her college newspaper for three years and does freelance writing for a local paper. Before joining the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency in 2009, Taylor was the submissions coordinator at Bliss Literary Agency, Intl.
She is seeking: Young adult fiction—specifically contemporary, paranormal, urban fantasy, and any story with a captivating voice. Taylor is also interested in commercial fiction, women’s fiction, and multicultural fiction. She is looking for engaging and unforgettable characters and stories that stay with you long after you turn the final page.
How to contact: Hard copy submissions only. Send to Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency, (Attn: Taylor Martindale), PMB 515, 1155 Camino del Mar, PMB 515, Del Mar, CA 92014. Send a query, 1-2 page synopsis, and sample pages (no more than 50, double spaced, single sided, and unbound). Please only submit to one agent at the agency. Include all contact info. Let the agency know if this is a simultaenous submission. (Similarly, be sure to let us know if we have your work exclusively.) Every submission is read, though due to a large number of unsolicited submissions, the agency can only respond when interested. Will respond if interested within 8 weeks.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Your Job is to WRITE, Not Worry.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Michelle Witte of Mansion Street Mgmt.
- The Advice I Need Most As a New Writer (But Never Got).
- 5 Pieces of Advice I'm Glad I Didn't Take.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.