Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Mandy Hubbard of the D4EO Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Mandy: Mandy is an author as well as an agent. Her debut novel, Prada and Prejudice (Razorbill/Penguin, June 2009) is in its fifth printing. She has four other books under contract, divided among Harlequin, Llewellyn Flux, and Razorbill/Penguin. Mandy interned at The Bent Agency before joining D4EO Literary, where she is now building her list.She has a website and runs a blog, as well.
She is seeking: middle-grade and young adult fiction, whether they be contemporary or historical, fantasy/paranormal or realistic. She loves books with a heavy focus on romance, as well as 'issue books' with a strong voice. "If your book has a high concept or a big hook, I want to see it. If your story includes portals to fantasy worlds, wizards or dragons, it’s probably not for me. Please, no chapter books, pictures books, poetry, nonfiction, or books for the adult market."
How to contact: Send your query letter, along with the first five pages of your manuscript (both pasted into the body of an e-mail) to mandy[at]d4eo[dot]com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Writer's Block is a State of Mind.
- Why Writers Shouldn't Google Themselves.
- How Deadlines Can Help Your Writing.
- NEW Agent Seeking Clients: Hannah Bowman of Liza Dawson Associates.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Making Sense of a Rejection Letter.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.