Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Jack Perry of Max & Co.) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Jack: In 1994, Jack joined Random House and went on to become Vice-President of Sales & Marketing for Random House, then head of Sales for SourceBooks and Scholastic. He recently landed with Max & Co., a Literary Agency and Social Club.
Seeking: He will focus upon nonfiction books with a foundation in history, business, politics, narrative nonfiction, math, and science. He also likes sports. And music. In fact, if the writing is good enough, he can be led to a vast array of topics.
How to submit: Jackwperry38@hotmail.com. E-query, and include a brief synopsis and biography stating what the book is and who you are. "Ideally both will point to a very large collection of people willing to drop $24.95 to read your work. We appreciate direct & cogent proposals (well...at least in others). Then include sample chapters as attachments, one of which must be your opening (we like to see how you take the stage). If more than four weeks have passed without a response, write again or call. E-mail was never intended to carry the burden we all now place upon it. Stuff gets lost in the ether."
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How To Pitch Agents at Writers' Conferences.
- See a Growing List of Writing Events That Have Agents in Attendance.
- 10 Tips For Attending a Writers' Conference, by Agent Michelle Brower.
- How to Have an Awesome Time at a Writers' Conference.
- 9 Things I Learned From Reading Other Writers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.