Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring George Bick of the Doug Grad Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About George: Prior to joining the Doug Grad Literary Agency as an associate agent, George was a sales and marketing veteran of over twenty years at Warner Books, Random House, Simon & Schuster, and HarperCollins. (Previously, I blogged about the opening of the DGLA. See that post here.)
Seeking: Bick is actively looking for narrative nonfiction, business, science fiction, horror/paranormal, thrillers, military, comics and graphic novels, diet/self-help, memoir, pets/animals, romance, science, humor, pop culture, and travel.
How to submit: "Query by email letter first at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send more than a brief letter explaining your book--no sample material unless requested. And your patience is greatly appreciated. The agency is receiving over 100 queries a week and our time is limited--our first priority is to our clients and their books."
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Interview: Elizabeth Kracht of Kimberley Cameron & Associates.
- A List of Overused Words in Novels and Story.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Liat Justin of Serendipity Literary.
- Why Publishing Your First Novel is Like Running For Student Body President.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.