Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Chris Kepner at Victoria Sanders & Associates) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Chris:He is a native of Buffalo, New York and a graduate of the University of Notre Dame. Starting as an intern for Zachary Shuster Harmsworth, Kepner joined Victoria Sanders & Associates thereafter. According to his mother, Chris has had a book with him ever since he could hold one. From the Hardy Boys Mysteries and Goosebumps, to Kurt Vonnegut and Ernest Hemingway, Chris’s passion for literature has always been strong. Chris maintains a blog and welcomes your questions and comments.
He is seeking: At the moment, he is especially on the lookout for quality nonfiction and top-quality literary fiction.With very eclectic interests, he is open to all types of books as long as the writing is exceptional. Please include the first three chapters in the body of the e-mail. The only thing he does not want to see right now are YA or other kids books.
How to contact: "If you’d like to send me a query letter, e-mail it to thewritersadvocate(at)gmail(dot)com. I prefer writers include the first three chapters pasted into the body of the e-mail. Please don’t send your query to more than one agent within our agency." No snail mail queries. Query letters should describe the project and the author in the body of a single, one-page e-mail that does not contain any attachments or attached files. He responds to queries in one to four weeks.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Who Is Your Target Reader?
- Literary Agent Interview: Nicole Resciniti of The Seymour Agency.
- How to Start Your Novel.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.