Writer’s Digest has been shining a spotlight on up and coming writers in all genres through its Annual Writing Competition for 90 years. Enter our 90th Annual Writing Competition for your chance to win and have your work be seen by editors and agents! Almost 500 winners will be chosen.
One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- $5,000 in cash
- An interview with the author in Writer’s Digest
- A paid trip to the Writer’s Digest Annual Conference, including a coveted Pitch Slam slot
- and more
The First place winner in each category will receive $1,000 in cash.
The Second place winner in each category will receive $500 cash.
The Third place winner in each category will receive $250 in cash.
The Fourth place winner in each category will receive $100 in cash.
The Fifth place winner in each category will receive $50 in cash.
The Sixth through Tenth place winners in each category will receive a $25 gift certificate for writersdigestshop.com.
All top winners will also receive:
- A one-year subscription (new or renewal) to Writer’s Digest magazine, discounts on Writer’s Digest University workshops and more.
- The Grand Prize winning piece and the 1st place winning piece in each category will be published on WritersDigest.com.
- All other top winners will have their names listed in Writer’s Digest and on WritersDigest.com.
All Honorable Mentions receive:
- 20% discount off of purchases made at Writer’s Digest University
- Their names listed on WritersDigest.com.
- Memoirs/Personal Essay
- Print or Online Article
- Genre Short Story (Mystery, Romance, etc.)
- Mainstream/Literary Short Story
- Rhyming Poetry
- Non-rhyming Poetry
- Script (Stage Play/Television/Movie Script/Short Film)
- Children’s/Young Adult Fiction
How to Enter
ENTERING IS EASY!
Create your free Submittable account by clicking the SUBMIT button. If you already have a Submittable account, simply log in!
*NEW* You can now compete in multiple WD competitions with a single login! Check back often for an updated list of competitions.
When you are ready to submit your work to the WD Annual Writing Competition readers, you’ll want to have the following information available:
Your contact information (be careful that the information provided is accurate). Contact information is to be provided only on the submission form (not on the submission’s file upload). Time sensitive information such as credits and contact information (for prize distribution) is taken directly from the submission form. Due to the nature of deadlines, corrections to this information are not guaranteed.
Your ANNUAL WRITING COMPETITION submission file (see the PREPARING YOUR ENTRY tips for more information).
Your method of payment (see the ENTRY PRICING, SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND WINNER NOTIFICATION page for tips for all pricing and deadlines).
Ready to enter? Click on the link below to get started!
Enter your email below and receive a free download, "Writer's Digest Complete Guide to Writing Contests," and be a step ahead of your competition!