The Craft & Business of Writing
- Request conference information early. If you want to participate in a manuscript ore portfolio review, there may be early deadlines.
- Often speakers are free for breakfast. Ask the conference director if you can take that special speaker to breakfast.
- Offer to accompany a speaker to lunch. Invite him to sit at your table. He is a stranger in a large crown and will probably appreciate a friendly word.
- Volunteer to help. The conference director will be your friend for life. You may be invited to a special pre- or postconference party at which you can make more friends for life. You'll have a blast!
- Rest before and after the conference. Take maximum advantage of the limited amount of time that the speakers will be there.
- Take your business card and give it to everyone.