UPDATE: These agents are no longer accepting submissions.
About Jodell: Jodell earned her MFA in Children's Writing from Hamline University. She is the author of Picture Book Lunch: 20 Tools for Pacing and Writing Picture Books to Wow, and has produced five Writer's Digest University Tutorials on Children's Writing. Her published articles include "Picture Book Pacing: Verbal and Visual Tools for Writers, and Picture Book Pacing: The ultimate 20 editing tools for your work," in the Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market, 2011 and 2013, respectively.
Jodell is seeking: Jodell is interested in YA, MG (especially funny) , fiction and nonfiction, book proposals, and picture books. She will also coach writers wanting to self publish. She simply loves a well-paced story that moves her between joy and tears.
(Find more middle grade literary agents.)
How to contact Jodell:This agent is no longer accepting submissions.
About Loretta: Loretta earned her MFA in Children's Writing from Hamline University. She was a television producer for twenty years, receiving an Emmy for "Ruth Page, Once Upon a Dancer," Cine Award for ABC AfterSchool drama "Love Hurts," and National Emmy nomination for music show, "Rhythm and Jam." Find Loretta on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Loretta is seeking: Loretta specializes in MG fiction and early readers, and will focus on film rights management. Her academic article, Portrait of the Reader as a Young Child, was published in Children & Libraries: the Journal of the Association for Library Services to Children.
How to contact Loretta: This agent is no longer accepting submissions.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Writing books/novels for kids & teens? There are hundreds
of publishers, agents and other markets listed in the
latest Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Market.
Buy it online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- What Should You Write in the Bio of Your Query Letter?
- How to Write a Book Series.
- NEW Agent Seeking Clients: Teresa Kietlinski of Prospect Agency.
- Literary Agent Interview: Christine Witthohn of Book Cents Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- 11 Ideas on How to Help and Support the Books of Other Authors.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.