Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Katie Shea of Caren Johnson Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Katie: She is a new agent with Caren Johnson Literary Agency. She began as a reader with FinePrint Literary Management, to assisting agents at Folio Literary Management and Langtons International Agency.
She is seeking: nonfiction in the areas of diet, health & wellness, travel, narrative nonfiction, and memoir. She also holds a strong interest in beautifully written literary fiction, commercial adult fiction, and women's fiction.
How to contact: E-query one agent at this agency only. katie [at] johnsonlitagency [dot] com. No attachments. Please include the first 3-5 pages of your manuscript or your overview/ideas page pasted directly into the e-mail below your letter. No snail mail queries. Don't pitch more than one project at a time.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Why Your First Few Pages Are So Important.
- Query Agents in Bunches and Tiers.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Dana Newman of Dana Newman Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Author Platform.
- Why You Should Read Your Work Aloud as You Go.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.