Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Guichard Cadet of Serendipity Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
Serendipity Literary, a cool boutique agency founded by Regina Brooks, has a new literary agent looking for material.
Guichard Cadet is looking to represent a balanced mix of fiction and nonfiction but is not interested in magical realism, fantasy or science fiction. He has a special affinity for pop culture, sports and Caribbean themed titles.
Previously, Guichard founded the independent press, La Caille Nous Publishing. See his full bio here!
The agency has different submission guidelines for adult fiction/nonfiction than they do for children's and juvenile work. Adjust accordingly.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- An exclusive interview with agent Jill Grosjean.
- New agent seeks clients NOW: MacKenzie Fraser-Bub of Trident Lit.
- Writing Memoir? Meet a debut success story.
- 4 Ways to Build Healthy Relationships With Your Readers.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Writing a picture book? Hear writing advice from debut author You Byun.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.