The (third) "Worst Storyline Ever" Contest is
now closed and judged. Thank you to all who entered. Here are the winners!
"Worst Storyline Ever"
"When a pack of dingos refuse to eat her baby,
psychotic woman Helen Grinkel turns the tables by eating one of their
pups, sparking a dingo-human war which in turn destroys the entire
Australian EcoTourism market."
- Pete Aldin
"A group of elderly superheroes living in an old folks home decide to rekindle their crime-fighting careers by policing the hallways at night, but miscommunications due to slipping dentures, hearing aid malfunctions, and failing eyesight result in blunders that have them karate-chopping each other instead, allowing the villains to escape with the resident's pre-packaged cafeteria meals."
- Linda Hofke
"After losing her title at the International Envelope Sealing Championships, Pearl Tuck is determined to train her way back to the top, no matter how many popsicles and stamps she has to lick along the way, until a tragic incident with a frozen lamp post threatens her taste for victory."
Want more on this subject?
- Writer's Digest has contests all year round. The annual contest, for example, takes the winner to NYC for agent meetings and also gives them $3,000.
- Should you start with plot or character?
- Ten tips for a successful agent-author relationship.
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they're looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!