- Prompt: Write a line (just one sentence only, of 25 words or fewer) that best describes what's happening in the prompt at left. You can be funny, poignant, witty, etc.; it is, after all, your story.
Thanks to everyone who entered and/or voted in WD’s Your Story 80! The top 10 winners are as follows:
1. Charlie spent years perfecting his telekinesis, but the unfortunate timing of the squirrel turned everything on its head, as usual.
2. "Now it's my turn to cry," thought Old Yeller.
3. Jadon's first solo flight ended with a sky green as grass, the clouds under his feet, and his next best friend waiting outside the Cessna.
4. On this day every year, Human Remembrance Day, we Canines visit the wreckage where the last of our Best Friends fell.
5. Champ had never seen a stick fly so high or fall so hard in all his years of stick catching.
6. Having barked at every noisy Cessna that flew overhead, Jasper stared at the twisted debris and wondered, "Did I do that?"
7. At the time, Bella didn't fully recognize the consequences of chewing on her master's hydraulic line.
8. Carrie took her dog to the crash site, where the death of a plane and its occupants had given birth to something else entirely.
9. Rex realized he should've thought about how he would collect on the bet after Porky failed, spectacularly and fatally, to prove that pigs could fly.
10. “Okay, which one of you kids told the dog to go fetch?”