I watch Twitter, so you don't have to. Visit each Sunday
for the week's best Tweets. If I missed a great Tweet, leave it in the
Comments. Want to know about the best stuff I read each week? Click
here to subscribe to my shared items.
plug for upcoming Writer's
- Get a query letter critique from yours truly! Only on Thursday, November 4, at 6p Eastern. Everyone who registers is guaranteed a critique of either a novel or nonfiction query letter.
- Copyright & Contracts presented by lawyer Amy Cook. Live session with opportunity to ask questions, Thursday, October 28.
Best of Best
5 situations where it's better to tell than show in your fiction
The Top 5 Free eBooks for Fiction Writers
How to Write a Novel in Three Days. Thought-provoking advice from a master fantasy author.
Getting Published, Agents/Editors
Do you have a BUSINESS mindset for your writing career? Should you?
Craft & Technique
9 (Arbitrary) Ways to Get Your Writing Rejected
Alexander McCall Smith on writing concisely. Overwritten prose takes away readers' opportunity to imagine
"Little Fictions" within creative nonfiction
6 Ways to Hook Your Readers from the Very First Line
An agent on some opening page tactics that fail
News & Trends
Is Beg, Borrow and Barter a Good Business Model? It Works for Cory Doctorow
The real cost of free
Why book publishing needs Silicon Valley way by @mike_elgan
The pyramid of literary respect
Platform Building, Self-Promotion
Promote Your Book on the Goodreads Network
Self-Publishing and E-Publishing
Blogs & Websites
Social Media & Twitter
The Secret to Social Media Success–Slow & Steady Wins the Race
"What we are ultimately trying to do is really connect with another person." Great video by @ZeFrank
The Writing Life
Feeling Sad Makes Us More Creative
- Want to know about the best stuff I read each week?
subscribe to my shared items.
of Tweeps most often included in weekly Best Tweets for Writers
(always under development)
- Follow Writer's Digest editors on Twitter: @writersdigest@brianklems
- Become a fan at the Writer's Digest Facebook
page (nearly 10K fans)