Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Monika Verma of Levine Greenberg Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Monika: She is an associate agent at Levine Greenberg Literary Agency. After growing up in Los Angeles, Monika attended school at Wellesley College and spent her junior year at Oxford. In her spare time, she enjoys going to concerts, photography, traveling, cheesy Masterpiece Theater adaptations, and searching for the spiciest vegetarian food in New York.
She is seeking: pop culture, humor, narrative nonfiction, fashion, foodie, and music titles. She loves to represent books that makes people's lives just a few degrees sunnier, be those quirky memoirs, satirical humor collections, or old-fashioned cookbooks. On the fiction side, she stays up far too late reading literary mysteries and suspense, especially those from across the pond (some of her favorites are Kate Atkinson and Benjamin Black). She often suspects that she was born in the wrong century, and loves books that give her a window into an older way of life.
How to contact: Agents at the LG agency do not take queries directly to their personal e-mails. Instead, submit through the agency's online form or send your query via email@example.com, clearly noting "Query for Monika." If submitting via online form, fill out any/all appropriate info boxes. If submitting via e-mail, do not submit more than 50 pages along with your query. No snail mail queries please. This agency responds if interested, within 3-6 weeks.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Write to Express, Not to Impress.
- Agent Interview: Elizabeth Evans of Jean V. Naggar Literary.
- NEW Agent Seeking Clients: Sara Sciuto of Full Circle Literary.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.