Writer’s Digest Annual Conference is going virtual for a second year! While I’d love to be in New York City meeting with all of you in person, meeting online is the next best thing. Last year WD welcomed writers from around the world, writers who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend our conference, and this year affords us another opportunity to do that again. The virtual conference takes place July 22-24, 2021 and I hope to “see” you there.
Here are 6 reasons why I’m excited for #WDC21 Virtual.
1. Two incredible pre-conference sessions. If you’re looking to become a successful self-publisher, you won’t want to miss Michael La Ronn’s Ultimate Self-Publishing Workshop. The author of more than 60 self-published books, he’ll set you on the path to success. If you’ve hit a rut with your writing or are letting feelings of self-doubt take hold, William Kenower’s workshop, Everyone Has What It Takes (based on his new Writer’s Digest book of the same name), will help you identify the obstacles in your way and move beyond them.
2. A talented, bestselling, award-winning collection of speakers. I couldn’t be more excited to hear this group of speakers if I tried. Not only are they experts in their fields, they’re also a thoughtful, compassionate group of people dedicated to sharing their collective wealth of knowledge to help you achieve your writing goals. What more could you ask for?
3. Sessions on topics that are top of mind. Whether you’re looking to improve your craft or are just getting started, the lineup of fiction sessions covers craft topics every fiction writer needs to master. The business of publishing track will help you find an agent, promote your book, or set you on the path to successful self-publishing.
4. Learn from anywhere. One of the main benefits of attending a virtual conference is the ability to participate in the sessions from the comfort of your own home, no matter where that is. Plus you can skip the dress pants and uncomfortable shoes—lounge wear is highly encouraged!
5. Bonus sessions. After a year and a half of living through a pandemic, with all the mental and physical strains that creates, we’re pleased to offer three bonus inspirational sessions to help get your mind in the “write” place again.
6. Chris Bohjalian. I had the privilege of interviewing our keynote for the May/June 2021 issue of Writer’s Digest magazine and the insights he brings to the craft and perseverance of writing after 20+ years in the business is not to be missed, no matter your genre.
I hope this year’s lineup of sessions helps you progress in your writing journey, but time is running out. Register now to ensure your spot at #WDC21.
P.S. Visit our Bookshop.org storefront to order books by our speakers.