UPDATE: As of fall 2013, William has left Waxman Leavell and
returned to Inkwell Management. He told me he is still accepting
queries. His updated e-mail address is below. Thanks.
This is not technically a New Agent Alert because William is actually an established rep in the business. That said, this post will resemble such an agent spotlight because William wants writers alerted that he is actively building his client list right now. Such a call-out from an established agent happens rarely, so learn more about William Callihan of Waxman Leavell Literary Agency (now Inkwell Management) and see if he is a good fit for your book.
(Another "established agent spotlight" I did was with Jessica Regel of Jean V. Naggar Literary.)
About William: William Callahan is from Iowa City, Iowa. He went to the University of Iowa and Fordham University and previously worked at InkWell Management.
He is seeking: "For nonfiction, I am currently most interested in narrative nonfiction and memoir, comedy and pop culture, and American history. For fiction, I represent crime and commercial thrillers, and literary fiction."
How to contact: Please email submissions to william [at] inkwellmanagement.com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers' Conferences:
- Oct. 28–30, 2016: Writer's Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- Feb. 26–March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- July 22, 2017: Tennessee Writers Workshop (Nashville, TN)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- How to Write and Plan a Book Series.
- NEW Literary Agent Seeking Clients: Anna Sproul-Latimer of Ross Yoon Agency.
- Make Sure You're Having Fun When You're Writing.
- How Rejection Can Lead to Hope.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- Read Interviews With Debut Authors Who Found Success.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.