Buy book | Amazon | BN.com
Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure
Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Plot that Grips Readers from Start to Finish
by James Scott Bell
Writer's Digest Books, 2004
$16.99 paperback, 240 pages
Read an Excerpt
In chapter 1, "What is Plot, Anyway?" find out what plot is,how it works, and learn the LOCK system: Lead, Objective, Confrontation, and Knockout.
About the Book
How does plot influence story structure? What's the difference between plotting for commercial and literary fiction? How do you revise a plot or structure that's gone off course?
With Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure, you'll discover the answers to these questions and more. Award-winning author James Scott Bell offers clear, concise information that will help you create a believable and memorable plot, including:
- Techniques for crafting strong beginnings, middles, and ends
- Easy-to-understand plotting diagrams and charts
- Brainstorming techniques for original plot ideas
- Thought-provoking exercises at the end of each chapter
- Story structure models and methods for all genres
- Tips and tools for correcting common plot problems
Filled with plot examples from popular novels, comprehensive checklists, and practical hands-on guidance, Write Great Fiction: Plot & Structure gives you the skills you need to approach plot and structure like an experienced pro.