Buy book | Amazon | BN.com
Write Great Fiction: Description & Setting
Techniques and Exercises for Crafting a Believable World of People, Places & Events
by Ron Rozelle
Writer's Digest Books, 2005
$16.99 paperback, 240 pages
About the Book
How essential is setting to a story? How much description is too much? In what ways do details and setting tie into plot and character development? How can you use setting and description to add depth to your story?
You can find all the answers you need in Write Great Fiction: Description & Setting by author and instructor Ron Rozelle. This nuts-and-bolds guide—complete with practical exercises at the end of each chapter—gives you all the tips and techniques you need to:
- Establish a realistic sense of time and place
- Use description and setting to drive your story
- Keep excess description from cluttering your story
- Craft effective description and setting from different genres
- Skillfully master showing vs. telling
With dozens of excerpts from some of today’s most popular writers, Writer Great Fiction: Description & Setting gives you all the information you need to create a sharp and believable world of people, places, events, and actions.