Buy book | Amazon | BN.com
Write Great Fiction: Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint
Techniques and Exercises for Crafting Dynamic Characters and Effective Viewpoints
by Nancy Kress
Writer's Digest Books, 2005
$16.99 paperback, 240 pages
About the Book
How do you create a main character readers won’t forget? How do you write a book in multiple-third-person point of view without confusing your readers (or yourself)? How do you plant essential information about a character’s past into a story?
Write Great Fiction: Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint by award winning author Nancy Kress answers all of these questions and more! This accessible book is filled with interactive exercises and valuable advice that teaches you how to:
- Choose and execute the best point of view for your story
- Create three-dimensional and believable characters
- Develop your characters’ emotions
- Create realistic love, fight, and death scenes
- Use frustration to motivate your characters and drive your story
With dozens of excerpts from some of today’s most popular writers, Writer Great Fiction: Characters, Emotion & Viewpoint provides you with the techniques you need to create characters and stories sure to linger in the hearts and minds of agents, editor, and readers long after they’ve finished your book.