First Draft in 30 Days
A Novel Writer's System for Building a Complete and Cohesive Manuscript
by Karen Wiesner
Writer's Digest Books, 2005
$19.99 paperback, 224 pages
About the Book
Say goodbye to writing and rewriting with no results. Starting—and finishing—your novel has never been easier!
First Draft in 30 Days provides you with a sure-fire system to reduce time-intensive rewrites and avoid writing detours. Award-winning author Karen S. Wiesner’s 30-day method shows you how to create an outline so detailed and complete that it actually doubles as your first draft. Flexible and customizable, this revolutionary system can be modified to fit any writer’s approach and style. Plus, comprehensive and interactive worksheets make the process seem less like work and more like a game. This invaluable resource also includes:
- Itemized and flexible schedules to keep you focused each and every day
- Dozens of detailed worksheets to guide you through the outlining process
- Completed sample worksheets inspired by best-selling novels
- Tips for outlining projects already in development
- Brainstorming techniques to keep you motivated
- Goal sheets for getting—and keeping—your career on track
Many aspiring and experienced novelists toss out hundreds of pages (and waste valuable time) before they have a workable first draft of a novel. You don’t have to fall into this category anymore. With First Draft in 30 Days, you’ll have the tools you need to write your masterpiece!