About the Book
In this comprehensive guide, music industry consultant John Braheny teaches you the craft of songwriting and then goes behind the scenes of the music business to unearth insider secrets that will make your songs stand out. With plenty of exercises and anecdotes, you’ll learn to:
- Develop a “songwriter’s consciousness” for picking out original ideas
- Collaborate effectively with co-workers
- Break into songwriting for film and TV, children’s music, and commercials
- Use the Internet to your best advantage for pitching songs, networking, and publicity
- Understand the business of demos and song contracts
In this updated 3rd edition, Braheny brings you up to date with ongoing changes in onling digital son distribution, podcasting, song-pitching services, home recording technology, production music libraries, and Web hosting services. It’s everything you need to know to make your mark on the world of music!
About the Author
John Braheny is a music industry consultant and mentor/coach for songwriters and performers. Braheny co-founded and directed BMI-sponsored Los Angeles Songwriters Showcase (LASS) with Len Chandler from 1971 to 1999. He has taught classes on songwriting and the music business at UCLA, Musicians Institute, and Grove School of Music. His website is johnbraheny.com.