I just got back from our 2012 writers conference in New York, and, as expected, it was extremely busy yet extremely great. It was our second year hosting it in Manhattan, and, besides a snowstorm that hit on Saturday, everything went very smoothly—including the gigantic Agent Pitch Slam, which is my big focus in terms of planning. (If you couldn't make the conference this year, stayed tuned to the conference website. I expect we will be back in mid to late January 2013 for more awesomeness.)
Reviews of the event thus far are very positive. Thank you to all our attendees. For those who attended, if you get an agent from the pitch slam or anything like that, please let me know. We tout our successes when we can and will help promote your books when they are published.
There are several people I want to thank. Porter Anderson and Joe Perry for live blogging and tweeting. Joe spent a lot of time summarizing sessions, and you can learn a lot through his posts here. To see Porter's hundreds of awesome tweets, search the hashtag #wdc12 on Twitter. I also want to thank all the agents that braved the snow for the pitch slam, as well as all our wonderful speakers.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.