Greenhouse Literary, a cool newer agency started by Brit Sarah Davies, has recently snagged a new agent: Julia Churchill. Like Sarah, Julia hails from the UK . I'm not sure if Julia will be taking on American authors, but her joining Greenhouse means that Sarah will have more time to devote to American writers, so that's good news for juvenile writers. As a refresher, Greenhouse specializes in "children’s fiction – from high-concept/character-led series aimed at the 5+ age group through middle grade to young-adult/crossover novels. We are NOT looking for picturebook texts or illustrators, non-fiction, educational or religious/inspirational work, poetry, or writing aimed at adults. If you think your work fulfils these criteria, please send a one-page query email to email@example.com. This should include a short synopsis of your plot, a few lines about yourself and your writing ‘credentials’, as well as the first chapter or first five pages (whichever is the shorter) of your manuscript pasted into the body of the email. Sorry, but we no longer accept e-mail attachments or snail-mail submissions (we try to be as paper free as possible). If we are interested we will reply with directions on what material should be sent next, and in what format."
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Want to get short stories published? Learn from this author.
- Sell More Books by Building Your Writer Platform.
- NEW agent Beth Campbell seeks clients and is building her list.
- Trust Your Instincts: Write the Story the Way YOU Think It Should Be Told.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and how to write a query letter.
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.