"Our greatest weakness lies in giving
up. The most certain way to succeed is
always to try just one more time."
~ Thomas A. Edison
Footnotes is a recurring series on the GLA blog where I pick a subject and provide several interesting articles on said topic. Today I’m serving up 5 articles on perseverance.
1. Jennifer Fallon offers her advice on getting published. The most important tip—keep writing. See the article here.
2. Even the greats took a long rode. Janet Evanovich wrote three novels that never got published. She kept writing—so should you.
3. Be ready when opportunity finally knocks. Enjoy some great advice from agent Janet Reid.
4. Combat rejection. Receiving lots of rejections? Agent Jill Corcoran offers her sometimes colorful advice in dealing with it.
5. Stay positive. Nathan Bransford offers up Ten Commandments for the happy writer. Guess what number ten is?
This guest series by writer
Nancy Parish, who runs her
blog, The Sound and Furry.
Want more on this topic?
- Footnotes: 5 Articles on Creating Characters.
- Footnotes: 5 Articles on Writing Description.
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they're looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!