"We are all apprentices in a craft where
no one ever becomes a master."
Footnotes is a recurring series on the GLA blog where I pick a subject and provide several interesting articles on said topic. The conference season is rapidly approaching so this week I’m serving up five articles that focus on tips for writing conference attendees.
1. Make the most of your conference experience. The agent folks at Folio Literary Management list four things you should bring to every conference. Do you know what they are?
2. Do this, don’t do that. The agents at Dystel and Goderich discuss common mistakes writers make during pitch sessions.
3. First Conference? Never fear. Writer and guest blogger Jane Makuch shares her conference tips on the CWIM blog.
4. Batter up! Guest blogger Kerrie Flanagan shares advice on pitching an agent at writing conference. (She would know; she runs the Northern Colorado Writers' Conference.)
5. Maximize your time. Guest blogger Jessica Monday shares 5 tips to maximizing the Writer’s Conference experience on the GLA blog.
This guest series is by writer
Nancy Parish, who runs her
blog, The Sound and Furry.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)