I am in charge of the gigantic Agent Pitch Slam at the Writer's Digest Conference in New York, January 21–23, 2011. And let me tell you: This promises to be great. I want to present to you our current lineup of agents for the slam. 57 are coming, and more may join.
Did you know: At our conference in 2008, two agents taking pitches—Janet Reid and Andrea Hurst—not only signed clients at the event, but went on to negotiate six-figure deals for those writers? True story. And then at our 2009 pitch slam in NYC, agent Jamie Brenner signed a memoirist whose book is now published. You can see everything about the conference here.
Literary Agents at our 2011 Pitch Slam:
I can't easily list all the names of the agents here, so check out the entire list on our site, including what fiction, nonfiction and children's categories each one is seeking. I think a few even look for scripts and graphic novels, as well.
The Agent Pitch Slam works like this: You have two full hours to pitch as many agents as you can. Agents who like your pitch ask for you to email/mail them a sample or proposal. Easy peasy. Sign up for our awesome conference here!
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19–21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)