Prompt: Write the opening sentence (just one sentence), of 25 words or fewer, to a story based on the photo above. You can be funny, poignant, witty, etc.; it is, after all, your story.
Thanks to everyone who entered and/or voted in WD’s Your Story 90! Here are the results. The top 10 winners are as follows:
- As the story is told, the legend of the Lone Moped Rider is not marked amongst the greatest star constellations, but on 5th and Grand.
2. Insurance companies hate giving policies to people like me.
3. Like ants at a picnic, the scooter mob swarmed the Department of Motor Vehicles headquarters.
4. I thought I'd do the romantic thing and chase her down, but as it turned out, I was not Annabella's only suitor.
5. “It was your Grandpa’s idea to join the illegal moped street racers of Jakarta, but it was my idea to get matching tattoos,” said Grandma.
6. Racers in the "Tour d' Masquerade" stood astride their bikes anxiously awaiting the starting shot, but only Jacques knew the bullet was real.
7. The moped riders would be given a five-minute head start, and then the tanks were going to be sent after them.
8. They called us the "Vespa-rados," the only Ellendale Senior Center biker gang that had ever been banned from the Spring Parade.
9. Harold never actually stopped.
10. The gang was in its infancy, but Jianjun knew that if they were to take over Shanghai, they had to do it in numbers.