Travel Writing, 2nd Edition
See the World. Sell the Story.
by L. Peat O'Neil
Writer's Digest Books, 2005
$14.99 paperback, 256 pages
Read an Excerpt
Learn about the types of travel writing from chapter 1.
About the Book
Do you want to travel the world, write about your experiences, get published, and maybe even make some money at the same time? With the guidance of L. Peat O’Neil—a travel writer who worked for The Washington Post for nearly two decades—you’ll learn to write engagingly about your travels. She also offers invaluable advice for marketing your articles and getting them published. In this newly revised second edition, O’Neil addresses the ways the Internet and new technology have impacted both travel and the travel writing world.
- Discover the many types of travel articles you can write
- Learn tips and hints to make your journey smooth
- Write detailed journal entries that lead to first drafts
- Organize your articles, creating enticing beginnings and fascinating endings
- Strengthen your writing style to keep readers captivated
- Enhance your writing with photography—your own, or from other sources
- Follow the most promising paths to selling your articles
Updated for the digital age, O’Neil mixes sound instruction with examples from real travel articles and advice from industry experts. Real-world writing and marketing exercises follow each chapter. So book your tickets, make your reservations, pack your bags, and get ready to put pen to paper!