Keys to Great Writing
by Stephen Wilbers
Writer's Digest Books, 2007
$14.99 paperback, p.272
Empower Your Writing!
Keys to Great Writing covers every aspect of the craft, showing you how to develop a writer's voice that is unique, precise, and effective.
From grammar rules to revision strategies, you'll find the crucial information you need in short, easy-to-browse sections that enable you to hone your own signature writing approach. No more wading through dry style manuals. No more guesswork. Just clear, proven guidance, including:
- Four Myths of Great Writing
- The Elements of Style Checklist
- The Elements of Composition Checklist
- The Four-Step Writing Process
- Glossary of Grammatical Terms
- Proofreading Checklist
- Four Common Errors in Word Choice (And How to Avoid Them)
- Five Ways to Bring Music to Your Writing
- Fourteen Techniques to Eliminate Wordiness
- And much more!
Keys to Great Writing is like having your own desktop writing coach. Use it, learn from it, and give voice to the great writer within you.