Footnotes is a recurring series
on the GLA blog where I pick a subject and provide several interesting
articles on said topic. Most writers need one but don’t know how to get one. Of course I'm talking about platform, and this week, I’m serving up 6 articles on developing your visibility.
1. What’s a platform? Check out this post from the Killzone blog.
2. It’s all about marketing. Freelancer Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen discusses 10 ways to build your writing platform.
4. Creating a platform. On the KC Writers blog, Dorinda Ohnstad discusses her plan for world domination via a writing platform.
5. Mythbuster. On the Writer Unboxed site, WD Publisher Jane Friedman dispels some myths about audience development.
6. Bite-sized tips for building your platform. Fiction writer Lindsey Edwards offers tips for both fiction and nonfiction writers.
This guest series by writer
Nancy Parish, who runs her
blog, The Sound and Furry.
Want more on this topic?
- Footnotes: 5 Articles on Writing First Pages.
- Buy Christina Katz's book on platform, Get Known Before the Book Deal.
- Footnotes: 8 Articles on Revising Your Work.
- Confused about formatting? Check out Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript.
- Read about What Agents Hate: Chapter 1 Pet Peeves.
- Want the most complete database of agents and what genres they're looking for? Buy the 2011 Guide to Literary Agents today!