Guest posts are a great way to share your voice with a new audience while promoting your blog, book, and/or whatever else you have going on. If you're interested in sharing your poetic knowledge with the Poetic Asides community, then read these guidelines to figure out how to get the ball rolling.
Here's what you need to do:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: Poetic Asides Guest Post
- Include who you are and anything about you that might make you interesting to the readers of Poetic Asides
- Include an idea (or three) that you're interested in covering in a guest post
Some possible guest post ideas:
- Top 5 or 10 or 20 list of something poetic.
- Personal story of doing something poetic, whether that's winning a contest, publishing a collection, attending a conference, etc. Just remember: You should have some kind of angle that would make your story beneficial to others.
- Tips or advice on how to accomplish something poetic.
But these are just a few ideas. I'm open to creativity. Just shoot me an e-mail with your idea. And if you have a blog or website, include that.
If I like your idea, I'll probably want the following from you:
- Guest post of 250-500 words (more if you need it)
- Digital image of you (and a cover image of your most recent collection--if you have one)
- Preferred bio of 50 words or so (including any links to your blog, website, Twitter profile, etc.)
This is a pretty easy and laid back process. So, have fun with it and don't be afraid to bounce around some ideas with me. Good luck!