A huge thanks to all the wonderful writers who are visiting our offices this weekend for Saturday's educational workshops, plus Sunday's critique day. I hope you took away some useful action steps on your path to publication.
As promised, I'm posting some resources and links that we discussed during our time together. If I've missed anything you were hoping for, don't hesitate to comment on the post, and I'll add more info as needed. (And for those attendees who have useful links to share, please post in comments as well.)
Community Writing & Publishing Sites
DIY/Self-Publishing Sites (Free/Next to Free)
Blogging and Site Building
General Social Networking
Facebook (I accept all friend requests; also look for Writer's Digest page)
Twitter (@JaneFriedman and @WritersDigest)
LinkedIn (you can network with me here too)
Ping.fm (to coordinate your status updates among all social networking sites)
Previous & Helpful Blog Posts
- Using Google Reader / RSS Feeds (includes a helpful video)
- Customized Search Home (iGoogle)
- [Plus: This post shows you how to hook into all the stuff I read.]
- Using Other Online Tools
- Essentials for Unpublished Author Sites
- Tips for Starting Your First Blog
- Example of What a Past Editor Intensive Attendee Did With Her New Knowledge
- First Five Minutes: How Editors Evaluate Your Manuscript
- Fiction Writers Need Platforms, Too
- 8 Articles/Posts You Should Have Read in 2008
Other Events You Might Want to Try
- BEA/WD Writers Conference in New York City (May 27), with our pitch slam featuring 60 agents
- Our September event on the business of publishing, also in NYC, on the weekend of September 19-20. Details coming, keep checking our events page.
List of Attendees
If you did not receive an e-mail giving you online access to this list, drop me a note.
Interested in the next Writer's Digest Editors' Intensive—on June 20-21? We'll soon be opening for registration here.