Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Amelia Appel of McIntosh & Otis, Inc.) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Amelia: Amelia Appel is a graduate of Hamilton College. Prior to joining the McIntosh & Otis team, Amelia interned at HSG Agency and Writers House, where she was later an assistant. She joined M&O in 2014 as Elizabeth Winick Rubinstein's assistant and is currently seeking to build her own list as a junior agent. Twitter: @AmeliaLAppel
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Currently Seeking: Amelia is looking to represent primarily adult fiction with some YA. For adult, she is most interested in literary fiction, mystery, thriller, historical fiction, science fiction and fantasy, and horror. Projects with a smart, distinct voice, a fantastic setting to jump into, and/or a witty protagonist are all up her alley. For YA in particular she’s interested in stories with a savvy protagonist and a slightly dark tone that deals with serious coming-of-age issues well.
How to Submit: To query Amelia Appel please email AAquery@mcintoshandotis.com. To submit, please email our agents at the email addresses listed below. To find out more about our agents and their interests please visit our Agents page. We ask that all text be pasted in the body of the email as outlined in the submission guidelines. Emails containing attachments will not be opened and will be automatically deleted due to security reasons.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers Conferences:
- Feb. 11, 2017: Writers Conference of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN)
- Feb. 16–19, 2017: San Francisco Writers Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Feb. 24, 2017: The Alabama Writers Conference (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 25, 2017: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2017: Michigan Writers Conference (Detroit, MI)
- March 25, 2017: Kansas City Writing Workshop (Kansas City, MO)
- April 8, 2017: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 22, 2017: Get Published in Kentucky Conference (Louisville, KY)
- April 22, 2017: New Orleans Writers Conference (New Orleans, LA)
- May 6, 2017: Seattle Writers Conference (Seattle, WA)
- May 19-21, 2017: PennWriters Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- June 24, 2017: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Aug. 18–20, 2017: Writer's Digest Conference (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.